For over a century, Journey Construction has specialized in building commercial construction projects, specializing in healthcare facilities, banks, churches and higher education buildings all around the Midwest. We believe that the relationships we build in the field are what truly makes us unique. Work with someone who values you.
We are looking to expand our work force and need to hire Iron Workers. These are full time, benefit eligible year-round positions. If you are looking to work outdoors on a daily basis Monday- Friday with an occasional Saturday with overtime and some travel, enjoy the physical labor and are safety oriented, this could be the position for you! If you are a Welder/Iron Workers with the following qualifications: not afraid of heights, experience with setting steel with a crane, installing metal decking and steel stairs, erect steel joist, columns and beams, install angel iron and bridging, experience with man-lift, scissor lift and forklifts, we would be interested in having you complete an application.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures.
- Make, weld, and cut structural metal on jobsites
- Erect steel frames.
- Direct operation of cranes to move structural steel, and other materials onto and around the construction site.
- Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
- Drill holes into steel for bolts.
- Unload and stack steel.
- Attach cables to steel and then to the crane.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
- Work with drift pins and four pound hammers to align the holes in the steel with the framework holes.
- Bolt or weld piece into place.
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of the Journey Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- 401k with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Growth Opportunities
Journey Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities