SFC Civil Constructors, a division of Journey Group, is a dedicated civil construction team. We take on structural, transportation, treatment plants, and environmental construction projects of all sizes. We specialize in bridge repair and new bridge construction. We have built CIP and MSE retaining walls, energy recovery systems, water and waste water treatment plants and pile foundations. This position is full time, benefit eligible and the wage is negotiable depending on experience.
If you enjoy being part of a confident team, if you love construction and like to challenge yourself, then this could be the position for you! Please see the job requirements below and if you meet the criteria we are looking for please apply online or stop in and fill out an application at 4500 W 58th Street, Sioux Falls.
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from helper.
- Start and stop crane engine.
- Follow directions carefully.
- Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability required
- Strong understanding of Journey safety policies and practices
- Good organizational planning skills
- Strong understanding of heavy equipment and maintenance
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Progressive responsibilities in the areas of field knowledge
- A proactive rather than reactive approach to resolving construction issues
- Self-starter with ability to set own goals and tasks
- Diplomacy in working with other people
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of the Journey Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Wellness Program
- 401k with a Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Growth Opportunities
Journey Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities